Chocolate-dipped strawberries are easy to make at home, very fresh, and less expensive compared to store-bought ones. Try big juicy strawberries from Japan to make this treat special!
Chocolate Dipped Strawberry Recipe
Making chocolate-dipped strawberries is so easy. Have fun decorating with extra toppings to make your strawberries cuter!
1 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chip or 6 oz Semi-Sweet Chocolate Bar (roughly chop with a knife)
1 Cup White Chocolate Chips or 6 oz White Chocolate Bar (roughly chop with a knife)
10 oz Strawberries
Heat-proof glass bowl
Spatula or Spoon
Parchment or Waxed Paper
1. Wash strawberries and pat dry gently. Place one strawberry on each bamboo skewer. Set aside.
2. Fill a saucepan ¼ full with water and bring the water to a gentle boil. Reduce to low heat and set a larger glass bowl on top. Make sure there are a few inches of space between the bottom of the bowl and the water.
3. Add chocolate chips or chopped chocolate to the bowl and stir constantly, until melted and smooth.
4. Dip the fruit into the melted chocolate, lift, and twist slightly, letting any excess chocolate fall back into the bowl. Set strawberries on parchment paper. Repeat with the rest of the strawberries.
5. Set the chocolate-dipped strawberries aside until the chocolate sets, about 30 minutes. Refrigerate for 15 minutes if you are in a hurry.
Chopped Nuts (peanuts, pistachios, pecans, etc.)
Melted chocolate for swirl