Impress your loved ones with this Maguro Zuke Don. In less than 30 minutes, you can prepare your own Zuke Maguro – Soy Marinated Tuna. Simply prepare the marinade for the tuna and serve on top of a bed of rice with your favorite garnishes. We recommend Wasabi, Nori, Sesame Seeds, Avocado, Shiso Leaf, and Mizuna Leaf for a satisfying, fresh and savory bite!
Maguro Zuke Don
Ingredients (2 servings)
- 200g Fresh Tuna Sashimi
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Sake Rice Wine
- 1 tbsp Mirin Sweet Rice Wine
- 2 bowls of Warm Cooked Rice or Sushi Rice
- Thinly Cut Nori Seaweed
- Toasted Sesame Seeds
- Thinly Cut Shiso Leaves (Ooba)
- Chopped Mizuna Leaves
- Combine liquid ingredients, soy sauce, mirin, and sake in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Cool to room temperature.
- Slice sashimi into 1/4″ thickness if you bought a saku (block) sashimi.
- Transfer the marinade to a sealable plastic bag, marinate the tuna sashimi, and air it out. Make sure the marinade is evenly coated all sashimi pieces.
- Wait for 20 minutes.
- Remove marinated tuna from the bag and discard the marinade.
- Place the tuna on top of the rice and the garnish with your favorite toppings.