Written by Stephanie Lin | 5 min read | July 11, 2022 | News & Culture
5 Exclusive Products From Kagoshima
- Seika Foods Kagoshima Nangoku Shirokuma Ice Cream – Frozen shaved ice treat made with condensed milk, mandarin orange, pineapple, and sweet azuki red bean toppings.
- Higashimaru Samurai Ramen Aka(Red) – Spicy ramen made with no animal ingredients or chemical additives. Soup is based on soy sauce, miso, sesame seeds, and a dash of chili powder to give it a rich spiciness!
- Mesena Shokusai Center Yuzu Drink Concentrate – Honey sweetened Yuzu citrus juice concentrate. Dilute with 5-7 parts still or sparkling water, to enjoy as is, or use in mixed drinks, cocktails and even cooking.
- Kyowa Food Industry co.,LTD. Shake de ChaChaCha Rich Baked Tempura Snack – Crispy fried “agetama” snacks with a fun twist! Add the rich cheese seasoning powder, then shake for a unique taste and texture experience!
- Fukuyama Bussan Kurozu Yuzu – Refreshing Kagoshima yuzu and black vinegar citrus drink concentrate. Use 1 part concentrate and 2 parts hot or cold water for best results.
Seika Foods Kagoshima Nangoku Shirokuma Ice Cream
Shaved ice is a popular summertime dessert with many people making long trips to Kagoshima, a prefecture located in southern Japan, to eat the local specialty Shirokuma Ice. Very lovingly called “shirokuma”, this Kagoshima shaved ice is topped with condensed milk, mandarin orange, pineapple, and sweet azuki red bean to mimic the appearance of a polar bear.
Higashimaru Samurai Ramen Aka(Red)
Spicy vegan ramen can be extremely difficult to find. Luckily, Higashimaru Samurai Ramen comes in both original and spicy for ramen lovers and is made with no animal ingredients or chemical additives. If you are craving the taste of authentic ramen, your search is over! The soy miso soup base is flavorful, rich, and spicy.
Mesena Shokusai Center Yuzu Drink Concentrate
Made with yuzu juice and honey from Soo City in Kagoshima Prefecture, this yuzu drink concentrate will enhance any drink or dish. The fragrant aroma and mildly tart flavor of yuzu adds a refreshing zesty kick to any cocktail, water, dessert, salad dressing, and whatever else you can think of!
Kyowa Food Industry co.,LTD. Shake de ChaChaCha Rich Baked Tempura Snack
Crispy, savory, and fun! What more can you ask for from a snack? Agetama, also known as fried tempura bits, are fried pieces of tempura batter that can be eaten as a snack or used to top off your food for a crunch factor. These agetama snacks are available in cheese, butter soy sauce, and wasabi. Just add the seasoning powder, shake, and enjoy.
Fukuyama Bussan Kurozu Yuzu (Brewed Rice Vinegar)
Boost your immune system with this yuzu vinegar concentrate from Fukuyama, a district in Kagoshima Prefecture. Known as kurozu, this vinegar is aged in black ceramic pots for at least two years. Artisans check on the fermentation process daily. This time intensive process leads to a premium vinegar concentrate rich in vitamins, minerals, and probiotics. Use 1 part concentrate and 2 parts hot or cold water for a refreshing, tangy beverage.