Creamy Pumpkin Miso Soup is a delicious and comforting soup that blends the earthy taste of pumpkin with the rich umami flavor of miso. It strikes a perfect balance between sweet and savory notes, making it an ideal dish for chilly autumn evenings.
To bring out the umami flavor, miso paste is added. Miso is a traditional Japanese ingredient made from fermented soybeans and offers a unique complexity to the soup. It adds a depth of taste that pairs perfectly with the sweetness of the pumpkin. Garnish with a drizzle of cream, toasted pumpkin seeds, and fresh herbs, this soup not only tastes delicious but also looks visually appealing. The sesame oil adds richness, while the pumpkin seeds provide a crunchy texture. Completing the dish with fresh herbs adds a touch of freshness that perfectly complements the other flavors.
A comforting and easy-to-make dish that is well-balanced and nourishing, with a creamy texture that’s sure to become a new fall favorite.
Creamy Pumpkin Miso Soup Recipe
- Pumpkin*: 300 g
- Onion: 1/2 pc
- Butter: 1 Tbs
- Water: 200 ml
- Milk: 300 ml
- White Miso Paste: 1 Tbs
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heavy Cream (optional)
- Toasted Pumpkin Seeds (optional)
- Italian Parsley (optional)
*For this recipe, it is recommended to use sugar pumpkin, butternut squash, and acorn squash.
- Chop the pumpkin and onion into small pieces.
- Put butter and onion in a pan and saute until onion is transparent over medium heat.
- Add pumpkin and saute briefly, then add water and cook until the pumpkin is tender.
- Once the pumpkin is soft, smooth it with a hand blender.
- Add milk and miso paste and heat over low heat. When the mixture is thoroughly warmed, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with a drizzle of heavy cream, toasted pumpkin seeds, and Italian parsley.