How to Make Soboro Don
(Japanese Ground Pork Bowl)
On a time crunch? Try our soboro don recipe. Soboro don, or Ground Meat Bowl, is a mildly sweet and savory ground meat dish served over fluffy white rice. It’s affordable and delicious! Not to mention you can pair with your choice of ground meat: pork, chicken, fish, or plant-based choice of protein.
- 0.8 LBS Ground Pork
- 1 Oz Grated Ginger
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 1.5 Tbsp Mirin
- 1.5 Tbsp Sake
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 2 Eggs
- Salt & Pepper for Taste
- 1/2 Bunch of Spinach
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 Tbsp Sesame Oil
1. Heat oil in a frying pan and stir fry the ground pork.
2. Add ginger, sugar, mirin, sake, soy sauce and simmer on low heat for 20 minutes. Set aside.
3. Make scrambled eggs with salt and pepper and set aside.
4. Boil the spinach on hot water for 30 seconds then drain and squeeze. Add salt and sesame oil tossing well.
5. Assemble your bowl and enjoy!
Article credit : Heidi Cohen ( https://heidicohen.com/use-blog-to-sell/ )