Running out of meal prep ideas? Meatballs, a popular entrée for bento boxes, are a great source of protein that pairs well with any flavor combination. Our savory tomato sauce offers a satisfying twist on Italian marinara sauce by adding ginger. Use pre-made meatballs to speed up your cooking process, and you’ll have a delicious entrée in 30 minutes.
- 1 pkg meatballs
- 1 canned tomato
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 onion
- 1 celery
- 1 carrot
- 2 clove minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- Pinch of salt & pepper
- Parsley for garnish
- 2 tbsp olive oil
1. Chop onion, celery and carrot into small pieces then stir fry with oregano and a pinch of salt and pepper.
2. Add garlic and ginger. Stir fry well.
3. Puree tomato using blender.
4. Combine tomato and vegetables, add bay leaves then simmer for 20 minutes.
5. Add the meatballs then simmer with small heat for another 10 minutes.
6. Sprinkle parsley then it's ready to serve.
Article credit : Heidi Cohen ( https://heidicohen.com/use-blog-to-sell/ )