Maguro Zuke Don - Marinated Tuna Sashimi Bowl
Impress your loved ones with this Maguro Zuke Don. In less than 30 minutes, you can prepare your own Zuke Maguro - Soy Marinated Tuna. Simply prepare the marinade for the tuna and serve on top of a bed of rice with your favorite garnishes. We recommend Wasabi, Nori, Sesame Seeds, Avocado, Shiso Leaf, and Mizuna Leaf for a satisfying, fresh and savory bite!
Maguro Zuke Don
Ingredients (2 servings)
- 200g Fresh Tuna Sashimi
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Sake Rice Wine
- 1 tbsp Mirin Sweet Rice Wine
- 2 bowls of Warm Cooked Rice or Sushi Rice
- Thinly Cut Nori Seaweed
- Toasted Sesame Seeds
- Thinly Cut Shiso Leaves (Ooba)
- Chopped Mizuna Leaves
1. Combine liquid ingredients, soy sauce, mirin, and sake in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Cool to room temperature.
2. Slice sashimi into 1/4" thickness if you bought a saku (block) sashimi.
3. Transfer the marinade to a sealable plastic bag, marinate the tuna sashimi, and air it out. Make sure the marinade is evenly coated all sashimi pieces.
4. Wait for 20 minutes.
5. Remove marinated tuna from the bag and discard the marinade.
6. Place the tuna on top of the rice and the garnish with your favorite toppings.